Time Management refers to making the best possible use of time and doing the right thing at the right time. Managing time well plays a pivotal role in finishing off tasks within the stipulated time frame and also increases productivity of an individual.
Employees must learn to manage time well at the workplace to achieve targets ahead of deadline and make a mark of their own. One who understands the value of time is never overburdened and enjoys each and every moment to the fullest.
Why Time Management is Important in Corporates?
- Every organization works on deadlines. Time Management helps individuals to finish work within the assigned time and stay stress free and relaxed throughout the day. Time Management helps you plan specific time slots for all your day to day tasks at workplace.
- Time Management helps an individual to prioritize things. It is important for an employee to understand what is important and urgent at the moment. Staying overburdened at work leads to frustration and eventually one loses interest in work. You can’t do anything and everything. Pick up all that is important and urgent at the start of the day and finish it off first before starting with something which can be done a little later. Know what is important for you. Allocate specific time slots to activities as per their relevance and make sure you stick to the same.
- Effective Time Management makes you a favorite amongst your superiors, clients as well as fellow workers. Do not keep work pending from your end. Finish off tasks as and when required. Ignoring critical issues is pointless. You have to do it in any case. Discuss with your coworkers or immediate reporting boss and find out a solution. Keeping a check on your time helps you complete task just when it is needed.
- Managing time well helps an employee to plan his career path effectively. Doing things on time helps you reach the top of your career within the shortest possible time frame. Employees who just work for the sake of doing work and do not pay attention to deadlines are never taken seriously at the workplace. They are the ones who always crib and complain of excessive work load.
- Time Management makes you an organized individual. One needs to keep things at their respective places. Avoid keeping heaps of paper and stacks of files on your desk. Not only it gives a cluttered look to your workstation but also wastes half of your time in searching important documents, files, folders and so on. Individuals should prefer writing on notepads instead of loose papers.
- Effective Time Management helps an individual to identify the time wasters at the workplace. It is foolish to waste time on unproductive things which yield no results. No one expects you to work at a stretch for the whole day. Assign some time in your daily schedule to check updates on social networking sites or calling up your friends but do know where to draw the line. Your office does not pay you for gossiping and loitering around.
- Time Management makes an individual disciplined and punctual. One gets in the habit of reaching work on time as a result of effective time management.
Managementstudyguide.com. (2017). Time Management in Corporates – Need and its Importance. [Online] Available at: http://www.managementstudyguide.com/time-management-in-corporates.htm